Visual Arts resume template
If you want to work in Visual Arts, you should have a serie of skills that are elemental to any animator. It is important to mention them in your resume; this is how your employer can have a concrete idea about what you can do, and if you fit to the job position. While your work background speaks for your experience as an animator, it is the list of skills that your employer pays attention first. These are the list of skills that you should include in your resume:
- Ability to work quickly.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to process all sorts of requests and complaints.
- Work management.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to conduct animation projects that meet the requirements of the clients at a determined time.
- Drawing and storytelling skills.
- Knowledge about motion, size, ratios, etc.
Knowledge about digital asset management, computer operating systems, math among other topics will be strongly requested. Your creativity will be evaluated as well. Learn about the use of computer animation software because you will be working with it a lot. Demonstrate your familiarity with diverse graphic software programs and 3D animation software products. If you usually draw everything with your hand, you should demonstrate that you can effectively use computer software to your own advantage.
Consider the possibility of attending these graduate animation schools that allow you to gain more knowledge about the world of animation:
- Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA: Master of Fine Arts in Animation and Visual Effects.
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA: Master of Fine Arts in Animation and Digital Arts Program.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY: Master of Fine Arts in Film and Animation.
- Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA: Master of Arts in Animation and Master of Fine Arts in Animation.
Animators are in demand nowadays. Its capacity to create stories through images hasn't gone unnoticed. Those who work in the world of visual arts may work for a company or as a freelance artist. It is, of course, important to have knowledge about computer animation and graphic design. We have posted visual arts resume templates in case you are interested.