Photographers resume template
There are different kind of photographers, for example, portrait photographer, fashion photographer, action photographer, food photographer, wedding photographer, etc. Nowadays, there is a division between commercial photography and fine art photography. While commercial photography requires people who know how to take photography for retail purposes, fine art photography requires people who have acquired a strong sense of aesthetics.
Whatever you would like to do, you should consider the fact that your resume should show an inclination towards a certain type of photography. While it is true that some companies look for versatility, other companies would rather hire someone that has specialized in a specific type of photography. Make sure that you've acquired a lot of experience as a photographer because it is a job that is based on experience and creativity.
You should also talk about the kind of techniques that you use for photography. Some of these techniques are:
- Epic Panoramic
- 3D Photography
- High Speed Photography
- Time-Lapse Photography
- Infrared and HDR Photography
- Nuanced Night Photography
- Black and White Photography
- Monochromatic Color Photography
- Reflection and Mirror Photography
- Tilt-Shift Photography
- Pinhole and Photogram Photography.
If you are interested in studying in a graduate school for photography, this is such a great idea because your resume could be expanded. Check these universities and institutes that offer excellent graduate degrees in photography.
- The New School, New York, NY (MFA in Fine Arts.)
- Maryland Institute, College of Art, Baltimore MD (MFA in Photographic and Electronic Media.)
- School of Visual Arts, New York, NY (MFA in Photography.)
- University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Knoxville, TN (MFA IN Media Arts Concentration.)
- Washington University in Saint Louis, Saint Louis, MO (Master of Fine Arts.)
It is ideal to have a portfolio that contains your most beautiful photos along with a resume. Review our photographer resume templates.