Network Development resume templates
A network is a system of computers and peripheral equipment connect together. A network works with at least two computers, which can be in the same building or not, a network can have devices even in different countries. Networks do not only share peripherals, they also share all type of data and they are connected by telephone lines, radio waves or fiber optic.
A network developer or administrator is responsible for developing a network for a company, and once it is developed, he/she has to make sure that it is working appropriately. The exact functions of these professionals depend on how complex the network is. Besides the work with the network itself, these professionals have to assign permissions and privileges, make backups, and the most important of all protect the information from possible threats (hackers, malware, spyware, etc.).
Network developers or administrators are required in all type of industries and according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of job opportunities for these professions will increase in about a 23%, creating over 70 thousand new job positions by the year 2018. Nevertheless, the number of people studying this career will increase as well, so as a result there will be a lot of competition, making crucial for you to stand out from the others. A good way to make yourself different from others is by highlighting your skills, and there are certain skills that a Network developer must have:
- Vast knowledge of computer in all the aspects (not only networking).
- Being organized, analytical and detail-oriented.
- Capable of working under pressure and of solving difficult situation.
- Good communication skills and flexible.
- Excellent troubleshooting tactics.
To work as a network developer, even when it is not a must, it is a good idea to have at least a bachelor's degree in computer science or in a related field. The universities which are known for having the most important computer degrees are:
- Carnegie Mellon University, it offers a computer science degree, it is located in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
- Stanford University, it has a computer science degree, the university is located in Stanford, California.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, it offers a mix degree in Computer Science and Molecular Biology. The university is in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- University of California, Berkeley, it offers a bachelor's degree with specialization in Communications, Networks and Systems, its installations are in Berkeley California.
Additional certifications are required by most exigent employers. Some of the most important certifications courses are offered by:
- Cisco (Cisco Certified Network Associate).
- Microsoft (Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
- Novell (Certified Novell Administrator).
- Sun Microsystems (Sun Certified Network Administrator).
If you are currently looking for a job and you want to send a solid resume, review our network development resume templates.