Counselling and Psychotherapy resume template
Psychotherapy is the branch of medicine which treats people who suffer from a physical impairments or disabilities. The purpose of the psychotherapy is to restore the functionality of the full body or of a part of it trough exercises, mechanical devices, massages or trough the application of electricity, heat, water, and cold. Usually psychotherapy treats physical disabilities which are the result of accidents, or another illness as poliomyelitis, brain hemorrhage, etc.
The professionals who work in this field are called physical therapists, PTs or physiatrist. And in order to become one it is necessary a lot of preparation.
1. The first step is to obtain a bachelor's degree, usually PTs choose major in anatomy or physics; however it is up to you.
2. Then a graduate degree is necessary. There are two possible degrees for physical therapists: Master's degree in Physical Therapy or a Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DTP). Nowadays there is a lot of competition in this field, for this reason a DTP is the most recommendable option. Remember that to obtain any a degree (bachelor's master's or DTP) practices in the field are necessary.
3. The next step is to get licensed, it does not matter how much you study if you do not have a license, you cannot practice the career. In order to get licensed you must pass two exams, one that is national, and the other which is from the state where you are going to work. Every time you move to a different state you have to get a different license, it is important to know that each state has its own requirement for the exam.
4. Finally the professional have to choose a specialization. This is not a must but is important in order to have more qualifications. The more common specializations are:
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Neuromuscular Medicine.
- Pain Medicine.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation.
- Spinal Cord Injury Medicine.
- Sports Medicine.
Note: License has to be renewed. How often depends on the state where you work. And in order to do it the professional must continue his/her preparation.
The salary of the physical therapists is a very good one; the least they can earn is $75,000 per year. However according to the place where they work it can increase. Professionals working in health facilities can make around $80 thousand. While the ones who work as home health professionals are the ones which earn the most, the salary they receive is from 85 to 105 thousand dollar per year.