Civil Engineering resume templates
Civil Engineering focuses on the construction of tunnels, buildings, roads, bridges, etc. It is also a discipline that has gained a great interest in environmental issues, and this is why now civil engineers have modified their work according to the kind of impact that it may have on the environment itself. Since it is such a broad field of work, you may have to work in something specific such as: environmental engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, construction engineering, transportation engineering, etc.
Make sure that you have implemented everything that you have learned during your extensive and intensive training. This will allow you to write a resume that demonstrates your capacity to handle all sorts of assignments that a civil engineer is entitled to do. If you have just graduated, you should apply to jobs that do not demand a lot of responsibilities. You will probably take jobs where all your work is supervised and you will be designed as an engineer in training.
Your education does not end with a bachelor's degree; we recommend that you take some refresher courses. But we also recommend that you obtain a post-graduate degree, it is very helpful to increase your chances to be called for an interview. We will now post a list of some universities that offer a post-graduate degree. We have verified that these universities have a solid program in civil engineering.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Champaign, Illinois (Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental engineering in civil engineering and Environmental Science in civil engineering.)
- Purdue University ( Master's degree in Civil Engineering. There are specialty groups such as Architectural Engineering, Construction Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Hydraulics and Hydrology Engineering, Materials Engineering, Structural Engineering and Transport Engineering.)
- University of Minnesota in Twin Cities in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (It offers graduate degrees in Civil Engineering as well as Geological Engineering)
- University of Washington- Seattle in Seattle, WA ( It offers master's degrees in Construction Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Hydrology, Water Resources and Environmental Fluid Mechanics, Structural Engineering and Mechanics and Transportation Engineering.)
- Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. ( It offers a Master of Engineering in Civil and Environmental Engineering or Engineering Management. Other programs allow you to obtain a Master of Science degree and a Doctor of Philosophy degree.)
In your resume, you should include a variety of skills that are related to your profession as a civil engineer. Some of these are:
- Paying attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions clearly and timely.
- Communication skills
- Avid curiosity.
Civil engineers actually work in both public and private sectors. It is important for you to have a broad knowledge about physics, project management, mathematics, design, civil engineering, etc. Civil engineering is divided in several categories such as: coastal engineering, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, etc.