IT Manager Resume
An IT manager needs to wear a lot of hats in today’s ever-evolving technology landscape. As a manager, you will need to balance technical proficiency with the ability to lead a group.
Hiring managers want to see examples of your past successes with leading projects and managing people. Below is an IT manager resume template that highlights all of the key details you should include regarding work experience, skills and education.
24 Skipping Stone Road
Tempe, AZ 85280
ObjectiveA position as an IT manager for a national or multinational company.
- Managed the IT infrastructure of a globally recognized corporation.
- Implemented cost-saving initiatives and resale programs for IT and network equipment.
- Implemented company-wide technology upgrades.
- Directly assisted CEO, CFO and Vice President in procuring technology.
ExperienceCutson Shavers, Inc., Tempe, Arizona
IT Manager, 2001 - Present
Managed an IT department of 37 at headquarters of international company. Oversaw the purchasing of IT equipment. Oversaw the upgrade of servers and networks. Managed in-house helpdesk operations that supported a global staff of 3,000. Served as a direct manager for a team of helpdesk technicians, systems analysts and database engineers.
Ruggles Personal Care, Flagstaff, Arizona
Database Manager, 1997 - 2001
Developed and managed databases for a national consumer products company. Responsible for scheduling and overseeing daily system backups. Customized applications for in-office client use.
Drygon Manufacturers, Tucson, Arizona
IT Intern, 1996-1997
Assisted with drafting a new network system at the headquarters of a global manufacturing corporation. Completed research and analysis regarding cost and efficiency that was to be presented to a lead IT manager and board members.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in HTSQL.
- Proficient in ISBL.
- Network Certification.
- A+ Certification.
- C++ Certification.
EducationB.S., Computer Science, 1996
The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Activities and Honors
- Member of the Future Programmers of America Club.
- Member of the Dean’s List for eight semesters.
- Awarded Tucson Lion’s Club Academic Scholarship.
- Asked to present a paper on data storage the IBM Young Leaders Conference.
Data Center Support Specialist
4697 Dawson Drive
Little Rock, AR 72201
Director of Technology
Unity IT Developers
Palm Springs, CA 92262