Common Interview Questions
The best way to avoid having a bad job interview is to prepare ahead of time.
So practice, practice, PRACTICE your answers to the following questions:
- Please tell me about yourself...
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your plans for the next year? Two years? Five years?
- What do expect to get from this job?
- What are your biggest weaknesses?
- What are your biggest strengths?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What would your former employer say about you if I called them today?
- Why did you get into this line of work?
- What make you want to apply to this company?
The interview is a two way street
Remember you are also interviewing the employer to see if you want to work for that company.
You should have a list of questions in mind to ask the interviewer. Here are some suggestions.
- What would you expect of me? What would my main responsibilities be?
- How would my performance be evaluated?
- Is there room for promotion?
- Would there be any travel involved with this position?
- Where do you see this company in two years?
- How would you describe your management style?
- How do you see me fitting into this company?